Monday, January 31, 2011

Mini Oreos...not as great as one would think

One would think mini Oreo's used to thwart a hunger tantrum because the store was out of the promised gummy bunnies would be helpful on the ride home...mini, in a portable container that is perfect for the car, and delicious...I could not have been more wrong.

Emelia's long and sassy hair tends to hang out around her mouth and slowly work its way in, whether she is watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with her jaw hanging open or chewing food...enter Oreo disaster.

I hand over the Oreos in their cute little package and Emelia squeals with delight. I think to myself, "Nice work. You avoided a tantrum at the grocery store! Note to self, never promise gummy bunnies unless you KNOW they sell them at the store you are going to". I buckle up and begin driving. I few miles down the road we get onto the highway. As I merge I take a peek in the rear view mirror since it is suspiciously quiet back there. I am horrified to see a wad of hair intermingling with chewed mini Oreos and forming a paste that looks like what can only be described as cat vomit. GAG! And I am powerless to do anything, well almost anything. I talk sweetly, I yell, I bribe; all in an attempt to either get the Oreos or get her to stop chewing them. Regardless I know it is has to be a bath night.

No comments:

Post a Comment