Tuesday, February 8, 2011

No Super Sleuth needed Here!

Lately Emelia's favorite thing to say to me is, "Come on detective, lets look for clues!" Well yesterday an act was committed and there was no sleuthing required to find the culprit...the clues were clear!

My sweet little detective must have been enthralled in the tale of Hansel and Gretel, because she left me a clear trail of number 2 all over our downstairs. Really?! Again?! Well, this time there was already no diaper...potty training has been a hit up until this incident. She has peeing down to a science, requiring no reminders or mommy-led trips to the potty. The big "P" word, though, has been a mystery.

For the first week there was no "P" and we ended up having to give her something so we wouldn't end up with a health issue. She wants to try, and why wouldn't she! She has been bribed up and down with the promise of horses, baby dolls, presents from Aunt Nenny; all for one time in the potty. Still...NOTHING. Which leads to what happened yesterday.

I go up to change Alice's diaper and come down to find the house smelling a little less than fresh. I see Emelia walking around and she makes eye contact. She shouts, "I went!" And then I look down past her face and see she was telling the truth, and the truth was all over my floor, all throughout my downstairs. Another lovely late afternoon spent cleaning up trails of "P"...and by trails I mean it was easily drizzled in a line that distinctly showed me every place she had walked and stopped during my brief time in Alice's nursery.

Good grief! But I remind myself that this may be a small victory. At least she went, and it wasn't in her diaper. Baby steps! Because after all, she is still my little baby!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! She is sooooo silly! She reminds me so much of my friends daughter Beatrice.(who has grown up in to a lovely 17 year old)

    ReplyDelete